Undergraduate Outreach

Measurable Success!

YWiC has seen 76 summer camp alumni graduate high school, and we are proud to say that 100% of those students have matriculated into a 4-year college/university immediately after high school! Incredibly, 80% of YWiC alumni are attending New Mexico State University. The remaining 20% are spread out across the country, attending the University of New Mexico, New Mexico Tech, Columbia University, Princeton University, Duke University, and others. Perhaps even more impressively, nearly 60% of YWiC alum are pursuing C-STEM degrees!



Building an Undergraduate Community


YWiC has grown to become more than just a K-12 outreach program. Recently, YWiC began implementing a mentorship initiative that strives to create a more supportive community of women studying computer science here at NMSU. They practice an open door policy for SH125, provide monthly socials for female undergraduates and graduates, and help students in the right direction when it comes to getting help with classes or professional development.


Professional Opportunities

YWiC is also very good at informing students about professional opportunities, including information on internships with companies like Google, workshops at MIT, as well as department-wide opportunities to attend conferences like the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing and the New Mexico Celebration of Women in Computing.